The world witnessed an extraordinary gathering of inspirational women leaders, innovators, and game-changers at the recent World Changers Power Women’s Summit (WCPWS) held in Pontifical Academy of Sciences in Vatican City. Spearheaded by Prof. Gabriele Andreoli (https://www.linkedin.com/in/gabriele-andreoli-9437107b/ ), President of the Institute for Advanced Studies and Cooperation (IASC) along with Sir Dustin Plantholt who received the Order of Merit from the Portuguese Royal House., this landmark event took place on October 12th to 13th, 2023. The summit’s focus was on globalization, innovations, business, leadership, and female empowerment, making it a pivotal moment for esteemed women who are driving change on a global scale. Very high-profile ladies attended and contributed to the dialogue with their very unique experience from all over the world, from an intriguing variety of topics.
The summit encapsulated a powerful vision, as articulated by Pope Francis: “We [Vatican] are committed to ensuring women are increasingly respected, acknowledged, and involved!” With an array of distinguished speakers and topics spanning innovation, unity, leadership, and legacy, the World Changers Power Women’s Summit 2023 was surely an unforgettable event celebrating the achievements and potential of women worldwide.
Special guests were awarded with a unique Medal of Honor 2023, such as His Holiness Pope Francis, then Monsignor Benito Adán Méndez Bracamonte and Rosario Valastro Viganò, the Vice Chancellor of the PAS as well as being in the Vatican Communication Department of which he was the director; also the President of the Red Cross. Moreover, the summit was graced by Monsignor Dario Edoardo Vigano and Dominico Giani (President of the Mercies) who will partner for the next WCS event on May 29-30, 2024, on Ethics and Regenerative Science. Maria Amata Garito, Rector of Uninettuno University, receives the 2023 Merit Medal for her constant work in favor of education and inclusion.
Here are the other special awardees of Medal of Honor 2023: His Eminence Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson, His Eminence Cardinal Angelo Comastri, Most Reverend Sister Raffaella Petrini, S.E.R. Mons. Baldassare Reina, Most Reverend Sister Maria Rosa Lo Proto Op, Gianluca Gauzzi Broccoletti, Jessica Word, Vittorio Sgarbi, Alessio Butti, Maria Ratkova, Giuseppe Tedeschi, Daniel Steven Peña Sr., Falkler Wellness, Salvino Antioco, Irene Vantaraki, Shevon Harris-Holyfield, Konstantina Papathanasiou, Marcello Gentile, Giuseppe Fabiano, Christina Rahm, Clark Bill, The Global Schoolhouse Initiative, Julie & Joe Foster, and Clayton Thomas.
Agenda Highlights: A Glimpse into the Summit
Tuesday, 12th of October, 2023 (Cancelleria Pontificia)
- 6:30 pm – Award Ceremony
- 7:00 pm – Classical Music Concert
- 8:00 pm – Exclusive Gala Dinner
Wednesday, 13th of October, 2023 (Pontifical Academy of Sciences)
- 6:40 am – Entrance to the Vatican Museums through the Vatican Museum Entrance with the private visit of Sistine Chapel, the major artwork of Michelangelo
- 10:45 am – World Changers Power Women’s Summit
- Welcome by Card. Peter K.A. Turkson, Chancellor of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences
- Introduction by Prof. Gabriele Andreoli (IASC President & WCPWS Co-Founder)
- Morning Sessions Moderated by Prof. Dustin Plantholt (Knight of the Order of Prince Danilo I of Montenegro, Communications Advisor, WCPWS Co-Founder & CEO of MonteCrypto Advisory) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/plantholt/)
- 11:00 am – INNOVATION
- Global Impact: Making a Lasting Difference through Consistent Innovation by Robert Grant (Entrepreneur, Best-Selling Author & Founder/CEO of CEYEBER) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/rgrant888/)
- Innovating with the Gender Lens: Investment Approach by Yulia Stark (President, European Women’s Association) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/yulias/)
- Unlocking Potential: Capitalizing on Blockchain Innovation by Dariia Vasylieva (Founding Partner of FD CAPITAL & Founder of GETVISION) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/dvasylieva/)
- Riding the Innovation Rollercoaster: Strategies for Women Leaders by Florina Onetiu (Techpreneur, Innovation Catalyst and CEO & Co-Founder, Xclusiverse) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/florinaonetiu/)
- Creative Currency: Maximizing the Potential of the Creative Economy by Genoveva Turcu (Regional Leader of EWA Middle East & Chairperson of Romanian Business Council in Dubai) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/genoveva-turcu-9875a31a6/)
- Innovation at the heart of Education: A 4D Strategy for the Future by Diana Serban (President of Fundatia Quantum & Founder of CARBOGAZ SRL) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/diana-serban-81809ba5/)
- 12:05 pm – UNITY
- Breaking the Cycle: Eradicating Period Poverty Together by Shevon Harris-Holyfield (Owner of The Harris Law Firm, specializes in Family Law, Personal Injury, Criminal Law) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/shevon-harris-holyfield-757a416/)
- Alliances for Knowledge: Building a Brighter Future by Prof. Maria Amata Garito (President and Rector of UNINETTUNO University) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/garito/)
- Unity’s Path: Together, We Can Achieve It by Marius Marinoff (President, UAE Romanian Business Council and Founder & CEO of Infinity Resource) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/mariusmarinoff/)
- Unity Through Hellenic Roots: Paving the Way for Economic Growth by Irene Vantaraki (Chairwoman of Greek House Davos & Managing Director of AVADAR TRANSATLANTIC) (https://greekhousedavos.com/person/irene-vantaraki-1)
- 3:15 pm – Afternoon Sessions Begin
Master of Ceremonies: Prof. Dustin Plantholt
- 3:15 pm – LEADERSHIP
- The Role of a Leader: Leading with Authenticity by Jessica Word (CEO, Word & Brown General Agency) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessica-w-47345819b/)
- Woman in Action: Fostering a Better Future by Manuela Ronchi (Founder & CEO of Action Agency & Value in Action) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/manuela-ronchi-661003b9/)
- Mary Magdalene: The Timeless Essence of Female Leadership by Patrizia Marin (Journalist, Business Strategist & Chairman of Marco Polo Experience) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrizia-marin/)
- Posture of Power: Holistic Leadership from Mindset to Physical Alignment by Karen Falkler (Executive Coach & Founder of Falkler Wellness & Advisory) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/karenfalkler/)
- 4:00 pm – LEGACY
- The Invisible Guardians: A Hidden Crisis and A Wake-Up Call for Humanity by Hélène Blanchette (President of the Physicians C. Council & Advisor of National Environmental Health Association) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/heleneblanchette/)
- Legacy and Ethical Foundations: How Business Associations Shape the Future by Prof. Konstantina Papathanasiou (Professor of Economic Criminal Law, Compliance and Digitalization at the University of Liechtenstein) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/konstantina-papathanasiou-2713b590/)
- Legacy Reimagined: From Self-Centered Paths to Global Compassion by Yasmeen Sehbai (CEO of The Global Schoolhouse Initiative & President of Blume Capital Group Incorporated) (https://www.linkedin.com/in/yasmeen-sehbai-14222785/)
- Galvanizing Greatness: The Power of Divine Femininity by Ted Baker (Entrepreneur, Co-founder of Qalo & Board Member of dRc Ventures) (https://www.drc-ventures.com/about)
- 4:50 pm – CLOSING REMARKS by Prof. Gabriele Andreoli & Prof. Dustin Plantholt
Also, it was the first time that a medical electromagnetic device, a proprioception enhancer was used as the pass for our VIP guests on the 13th of October at the Pontifical Academy of Science. Produced by Quantares for Evolutionary Biohacking with the support of HeirStory for the World Changers Power Women’s Summit.
I was honored to be one of the speakers and as such, here’s my speech about the The Timeless Essence of Female Leadership:
“The figure of Mary Magdalene, the Apostle of the Apostles, in a contemporary light.
‘Feminine reputation in the era of social networks.’
The title ‘Apostle of the Apostles’ is attributed to Mary Magdalene, with this recognition attributed to Thomas Aquinas. Her name is derived from Magdala, a fishing village on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee where she was originally from. She is mentioned by the evangelist Luke in Chapter 8. In this chapter, it is described how Jesus traveled through cities and villages, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. Accompanying him were the Twelve and some women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, and they were contributing to their support. Among them was Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out.
As biblical exegesis teaches, the expression ‘seven demons’ could indicate a grave physical or moral affliction that had affected the woman, from which Jesus had freed her. However, a tradition that persists to this day has transformed Mary Magdalene into a prostitute. This assumption was made based on the previous chapter 7 of Luke’s Gospel, which tells the story of the conversion of an anonymous ‘sinner in the city,’ who anointed Jesus’ feet with perfumed oil, bathed them with her tears, and wiped them with her hair while he was a guest in the house of a notable Pharisee. Thus, Mary of Magdala was incorrectly identified with the unnamed prostitute.
Furthermore, there is another misconception, explained by Cardinal Ravasi. The anointing with perfumed oil was a gesture also performed by Mary, the sister of Martha and Lazarus, on a different occasion, as reported by the evangelist John. As a result, Mary of Magdala was sometimes mistakenly identified with this Mary of Bethany after previously being confused with the Galilean prostitute.
Mary Magdalene appears in the Gospels during the most terrible and dramatic moments of Jesus’ life, accompanying Him to Calvary and observing Him from a distance along with other women. She is also present when Joseph of Arimathea places Jesus’ body in the tomb, which is then sealed with a stone. After the Sabbath, on the morning of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene returns to the tomb, finding the stone rolled away. She runs to inform Peter and John, who also discover the Lord’s body is missing.
While the two disciples return home, Mary Magdalene remains at the tomb, weeping. This is where her journey of disbelief gradually unfolds into faith. Leaning into the tomb, she sees two angels who ask her why she’s weeping. She tells them that she doesn’t know where they have taken Jesus’ body. Turning away, she encounters Jesus but doesn’t recognize Him. She believes Him to be the gardener and implores Him to reveal where Jesus’ body has been taken. At this moment, Jesus calls her by name, saying, ‘Mary!’ She turns and exclaims, ‘Rabboni!’ which means ‘Teacher’ in Hebrew. Jesus then entrusts her with a mission: ‘Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’’ Mary of Magdala then went and announced to the disciples, ‘I have seen the Lord,’ and she told them that He had said these things to her (cf. John 20).
Mary Magdalene is the first among the women who followed Jesus to proclaim Him as the One who conquered death, the first apostle to announce the central message of Easter. When the Son of God entered history, this woman was one of those who loved Him the most and demonstrated it. As the time of Calvary approached, Mary Magdalene stood beneath the Cross with the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. John, remaining steadfast and unwavering. She did not flee out of fear as the disciples did, and she did not deny Him in fear, as Peter did, but she remained present every hour, from the moment of her conversion to the Holy Sepulcher.
By the will of Pope Francis, the obligatory memory of Mary Magdalene was elevated to the rank of a Feast on July 22, 2016, signifying the importance of this faithful disciple of Christ.”
The World Changers Power Women’s Summit 2023 wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of its partners. These organizations and individuals are committed to empowering women and promoting positive change on a global scale:
- Jessica Word
- Crown Sterling
- dRc Ventures
- Evolutionary Biohacking
- Heir Story
- Monte Crypto Club
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
- European Women’s Association (EWA)
- Mathieu Castanier
- Tota Pulchra
- Media Partner: Marco Polo Experience
You may watch some event highlights in Youtube by clicking the links below: